Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Today's workout

To the Marriott for stairclimbing.: 7 climbs of 20 flights each (one climb less than usual as I was short of quarters to plug the parking meter). This workout was more intense than the last one: 2 walking climbs, 1 bounding, 1 running, 3 running+bounding. I couldn't believe it when I finished the bounding climb and saw that I had nailed it in 1:30 -- a 10-second improvement! I'm pleased that the running+bounding climbs are starting to seem normal, while the running-only climbs are starting to seem easy. HR data was avg. 77%/max 97%.

I was sure I was going to get busted tonight by Marriott security. Some guy in a security uniform watched me enter the stairwell and followed me in, but didn't say anything or follow me up the stairs. Axel Foley's Rule #1 of Getting Away With It: Always act like you're supposed to be doing whatever it is you're not supposed to be doing.

My right foot hurts. I really tweaked it showshoeing and now it is quite painful to walk. Running on flat surfaces is out of the question -- I'm amazed I was able to run 4 miles last Friday. I suppose it will improve with RICE. Fortunately I can skate and climb stairs without aggravating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment