Friday, February 6, 2009

WHAT I HATE TODAY: Your daily dose of negative energy

Today I hate cutting up a head of lettuce to make salad.* I don't know why. Chopping lettuce is not technically difficult or exhausting, and it only takes a few minutes. But I detest the chore, and I always put it off as long as possible. It reminds me of when I wore contacts, and I hated cleaning them. Again: this was an easy task that consisted of pouring cleaning solution over the lenses for about two minutes. But it was the longest two minutes of the day.

*I'm aware, by the way, that bagged, pre-chopped lettuce is available for purchase. I'm always tempted to buy this stuff and save myself the agony, but it's a lot more expensive, and I always think, "What kind of wuss am I that I can't chop my own lettuce?" Then I get home and think, "I am the kind of wuss who wishes he has bought the bagged lettuce."

3 comments:

  1. Now, they have "new", attractively named, "no rub" solution for contacts. I put my contacts in clean solution at night, rinse them (briefly) with solution in the morning and, then, put them in (I do it backwards). It's really easy, but, having said that, I think your glasses are sexy, so no need for your to start wearing contacts again. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often find that when I buy a head of lettuce, I only get about half of it eaten before it starts to go bad. Thus, if I eat the entire bag of chopped lettuce, the price differential isn't so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, what kind of lettuce do you have that must be chopped? Can't you just tear it up for each salad? It's not like a carrot, which needs slicing..

    ReplyDelete