Sunday, February 8, 2009

Today's workout

Rode the bike to REI, then to the gym for leg strength and core strength. Time 2:30.

I made up a new -- new to me, anyway -- exercise with a machine called the Freemotion Cable Cross. I lowered the arms, hooked the handle onto one foot, then balanced on the other foot in the skating position while doing skating pushes against resistance with the other leg. This must have looked pretty silly to the other gym users, but to me it seems like a pretty great exercise as it specifically targets the skating muscles through the skating range of motion. I especially noticed a burn in my butt when I finished. Has anyone else tried this?

Hours this week: 15
Hours this year: 72.25
Miles skated this week: 44
Miles skated this year: 203

1 comment:

  1. Um, Lawrence, you might want to see a discreet doctor about that burn in your butt. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete