Sunday, March 22, 2009

Today's and yesterday's workout, and also the day before

Friday and Saturday: I rested.

Today: Rode my bike to the gym for leg strength, core strength, balance, and stretching. Time 1:30.

I get occasional twinges in my left knee, but if I stay in low gears on the bike it feels fine.
I picked up a patellar ligament strap -- according to the reading I've done, this eliminates pain for some people. I wore it while riding my bike today but it's hard to tell if it's doing any good.

Unfortunately, it now feels like I've slightly strained a muscle in my right quad. I'm going to take this next week even easier then this week -- no leg strength, just easy bike commuting and stretching and balance exercises along with core exercises and maybe some yoga. I've been thinking a lot about what this all means for my record attempt and I'm hoping to post something about that in the next few days.

Hours this week: 5

Hours this year: 148.5
Miles skated this week: 6
Miles this year: Skates 594, Bike 536

No comments:

Post a Comment