Sunday, April 19, 2009

Today's workout

Went for a half-hour run/walk for April, as we are preparing to run legs on a marathon relay team in four weeks. My knee felt a little janky, but didn't hurt much. Later I did 15 minutes of balance exercises -- which mostly means trying to stand on one foot with my eyes closed and my hands behind my back, with my other foot raised to knee level. I can usually hold this for 30 seconds at best before pitching to the side like a drunken stork. I'm surprised at how lousy my balance is given that my primary sport is skating, which would seem to require good balance.

Hours this week: 8?
Hours this year: 165
Miles skated this week: 0
Miles this year: Skates 596, Bike 624

4 comments:

  1. You may want to try the balance exercise (and strengthening your core) without fighting your inner ear, eh? Or is there value in fighting the inner ear as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way with balance, there is no way I could ever pass a roadside DUI/balance test; unless I'm on my skates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'd like to think you walk/jogged with me, not for me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's true, storks are horrible drunks.

    ReplyDelete