Friday, January 30, 2009

WHAT I HATE TODAY: Your daily dose of negative energy (Super Bowl Edition!)

Today I hate it when people spell it "Superbowl." It's the "Super Bowl*," dammit -- you don't write "Rosebowl," or "Chickfilabowl," or "Worldseries," do you?

* Explanatory note for Canadian readers: The "Super Bowl" is the championship game of the National Football League, an organization that promotes exhibitions of professional American football -- a sport not unlike your "Australian Rules Football." What's that? Australia and Canada are different places? Forgive me, my mistake. I thought they were different names for the same country, like "Holland" and "The Netherlands." You have to admit it's pretty confusing when you all put Queen Victoria on your money.

3 comments:

  1. Queen Victoria on our money, good one. Queen Elizabeth II might be offended, mighten she? -- Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought Freddy Mercury from Queen was on all their money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The difference is Australian money is waterproof.

    ReplyDelete