Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Today's workout

Biked to work, 22-mile round trip. Then to the Marriott for stairclimbing: 8 climbs of 20 flights each, HR avg. 74%/max 97%. I bounded the entire third climb in 1:41, clipping 7 seconds from my previous best. Just one tick over 5 seconds per flight! I bounded half of two other climbs, making this workout a little more intense than the last one. With each workout I add a little more bounding which will be crucial to a fast time on race day.

I coughed all the way home, which I hate. Even though I carry water with me, it's difficult to drink when I'm breathing so hard, and my throat gets scorched. The first year I did this race, I didn't drink at all and developed a hacking cough afterward that sidelined me for two weeks. I'll have to make sure I drink enough this year to avoid that dire fate.

Time today 2:15. I weighed in this morning at 156, up 1 pound from last week. Grrr...

No comments:

Post a Comment